The Rengstorff House, located within Shoreline at Mountain View, was constructed in 1867 by a German
immigrant Henry Rengstorff, one of Mountain View's earliest settlers. The house was saved from demolition
and moved to Shoreline at Mountain View in 1980.
Once the extensive restoration was completed, the house was opened to the public in March of 1991. The house
and grounds are an ideal setting for memorable events such as weddings, special parties or off-site
corporate meetings. The House is situated in Shoreline, a regional recreational and wildlife area located at
the north end of Shoreline Boulevard off of highway 101.